|If you’re still waiting for snow to come your way, here are two ways of making snowmen, whatever the weather. Don’t forget to give them a smile!
1. Glue Snowman
You can hang this little snowman at your window, or on a Christmas tree if you have one.
– an old shirt or overall, to keep the glue off your clothes.
– a tray or sturdy piece of board to leave your snowman on while he’s drying.
– a piece of greaseproof or tracing paper – approx A5 size
– PVA glue and spreader
– thread or fine string for hanging – approx 30cm in length
– toothpick/ tweezers
– scissors (not essential)
– to decorate your snowman: thin twigs, peppercorns, berries, small beads, small buttons, sequins, pieces of felt cut to shape, etc.
Click on the black and white image to download printable instructions.
2. Melting Snowman Cookie
– an apron
– your favourite type of cookie
– icing sugar
– white marshmallows
– sweets or dried fruit
This is so easy!
1. Mix up some icing sugar with a little water (one teaspoon water to 3 heaped teaspoons of icing sugar will be enough for one or two cookies).
2. Spread some icing on your cookie to make a puddle shape.
3. Place a white marshmallow in the puddle to make the snowman’s head.
4. Use a little left-over icing as ‘glue’ to stick on the snowman’s features.(I cut tiny pieces of dried apricot to make the ‘carrot’ nose, cranberry to make the buttons and date to make the arms, eyes and mouth.)
5. Then he’s all ready to eat – YUM! That will make someone smile.